Is 2020 Upending Compensation Committee "Best Practices"?
August 13, 2020
2-3 p.m. (EST)
Typically, compensation committees spend the summer months benchmarking executive and director pay and preparing for the fall work of developing strategic pay programs for the coming year. As we all know, 2020 has been anything but typical, and the best-laid plans are likely no longer relevant. Directors are now faced with managing outdated 2020 incentives and creating new programs without the benefit of solid data or reliable guidance for future expectations.
Given this unusual cycle, this webinar with Pearl Meyer and NACD will explore some of the urgent questions committees will be discussing, including:
- Outdated benchmarking and considerations for core pay elements
- When is the right time to restore previous salary cuts and will there be merit increases
- How should companies address 2020 annual incentives and the use of discretion
- What to think about for outstanding LTI awards and 2021 grants
- The legal considerations of material changes to programs
- How shareholders and proxy advisory firms are likely to respond