Strengthening Oversight of M&A Director Essentials
In brief: With mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity at historic levels, board members must enhance their understanding of the evolving business landscape and its potential impact on board responsibilities. NACD has updated this report in the Director Essentials series to equip directors with the guidance and tools necessary to address this challenge. The updated report includes a summary of M&A trends and guides boards in fulfilling their role throughout the M&A process—from strategy to post-merger integration.
How can directors use this resource?
- Elevate their M&A performance.
- Gain key data points on M&A trends.
- Understand the director’s role in M&A.
- Visualize the M&A process from strategy to integration.
- Review questions to ask at critical stages of the M&A life cycle.
Most relevant audiences: CEOs, board chairs, board members (especially those serving on special M&A committees), members of senior management