2018-2019 Director Compensation Report
In brief: NACD and Pearl Meyer are pleased to present the 2018–2019 Director Compensation Report, our 20th annual report on nonemployee director compensation. The study is based on data from 1,400 companies across 24 industries that filed a proxy statement or any other SEC filing that contains director compensation information for the fiscal year covering February 1, 2017, through January 31, 2018.
This year’s report also includes perspectives on
- the board’s travel conundrum for international business experience skill set, and
- director pay in a world without meeting fees.
This resource can help your board
- benchmark overall compensation and compensation elements across company size,
- evaluate the mix of appropriate pay components, and
- understand principles and leading practices for director pay.
A related publication, the Director Compensation: Summary Statistics, is available from Pearl Meyer and provides additional data on director compensation by industry and company size. For further information or compensation consultation, please contact Jannice Koors, managing director at Pearl Meyer, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most relevant audiences: Nominating and governance committee chairs and members, the full board