NACD Advisory Council on Risk Oversight: M&A and Transaction Risk Oversight
In brief: As M&A deal volume in the U.S. reached a record high in 2015, a recent meeting of the NACD Advisory Council on Risk Oversight focused on the board’s oversight of M&A transactions. The discussion covered the following topics:
- Engaging management about possible deals
- Determining if a proposed deal advances company strategy
- Identifying culture and talent risks
- Measuring the success of a transaction
- Establishing effective oversight processes
This brief includes a list of additional resources on M&A risk oversight from NACD and meeting co-hosts PwC and Sidley Austin.
This resource can help your board:
- Understand the board’s role during an M&A transaction.
- Identify questions to consider when evaluating potential deals.
- Establish a process for determining transaction success.
Most relevant audiences: M&A committee members, risk committee members, audit committee members, general counsel